Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

ATRA Webinars Available

From Jean Folkerth, Re.D., CTRS, ATRA Academy Coordinator:

We continue with our Evidence Based Practice webinars with:
Health Benefits of Aquatic Therapy: Why Water Works by Dr. Ellen Broach on February 1 and
Community-Integration: What the Research Evidence Tells Us to Improve Our Practice by Dr. Norma Stumbo on February 15.

We also offer the last 2 sessions in our Behavioral Health I webinars:
Social Skills Training for Schizophrenia by Mary Maina on February 8 and
Integration of Cognitive Therapy Techniques with RT by Glenn Kastrinos on February 22

We begin our new Management Series in February with
Moving from TR Practitioner to Supervisor by Dr. Mary Ann Keogh Hoss on February 17 and
Budgeting Basics by Rebecca Stackhouse on February 24

We also want to remind schools and universities that our Certification 101 session is offered on February 22. Remember this is a special session for schools and universities. It is only $25 and if the timing is not good for your students, you must sign up for it and then you can use it over the next 2 weeks as replay whenever is convenient for you. This is presented by NCTRC. There are no CEUs offered for this webinar.

Remember you can sign up for these webinars and others at the ATRA website. If I can assist you in anyway, please feel free to contact me at jfolkerth@hotmail.com. I look forward to meeting you on the webinars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home