Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, February 03, 2012

Assistantships at New Hampshire

From Professor Allison Wilder, Ph.D., CTRS:

Graduate Assistantships
Department of Recreation Management and Policy
University of New Hampshire

The Department of Recreation Management and Policy at the University of New Hampshire is pleased to announce Graduate Assistantship openings focused on recreation therapy for the fall 2012 semester. Students with an interest in efficacy-based research, health promotion, community-based RT, and/or aging are especially encouraged to apply.

There are two types of Graduate Assistantships offered through the department:

Teaching Assistantship: Teaching Assistants are hired to assist faculty in teaching undergraduate courses. Responsibilities may include presentation of selected lectures, group discussion leadership, class organization and management tasks and identification and organization of class resources. Teaching assistants are mentored by the faculty and receive constructive evaluative feedback concerning their pedagogy skills.

Research Assistantship. Research Assistants are hired to assist faculty in research projects related to the faculty member’s area of expertise and research agenda. Assistants have an opportunity to develop research skills in literature review, data collection and data analysis.

A full graduate assistantship includes tuition waiver and a graduate stipend. Stipend amount is determined each year. Students are generally required to work 20 hours per week throughout the academic year.

For more information regarding the Graduate Program please go to

If you have any questions regarding the specific concentration areas, please contact either Dr. Boyd Hegarty ( or Dr. Allison Wilder (


Post a Comment

<< Home