Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Thanks & Use of Lessons Learned Book

As you may be aware, the old Hoosier RT (aka David Austin) authored a new book in 2011 titled Lessons Learned: An Open Letter to Recreational Therapy Students and Practitioners (Sagamore Publishing).

I would like to thank Professors Terry Long and Victoria Dawn Shelar for their positive book reviews of Lessons Learned. Terry's review appeared in 2011 in the Volume 45 (number 2) issue of TRJ. Dawn's review also appeared in 2011 in AJRT Volume 10 (number 2).

I also appreciate a number of colleagues who have also spoken highly of Lessons Learned. Among them are Charlie Dixon, Danny Pettry, Joe Wilson, and Jeff Wittman. And I'm sure I've left out others who have made positive comments on Lessons Learned. I appologize to them for not listing them here as I do sincerely appreciate all the support for my book.

Should any instructors using Lessons Learned wish me to do a telephone Q and A with their students, I would be more than glad to do so. Just contact me and we'll set up a time and date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home