Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, November 18, 2011

I Enjoyed the RTI Conference

The ole Hoosier RT (aka David Austin) had a great time today speaking at the Recreation Therapists of Indiana Conference held in Bloomington. Marieke Van Puymbroeck, RTI President, did a wonderful job of organizing and conducting RTI's 2011 annual conference. Vicki Scott, M.S. CTRS, ATRA President and fellow Hoosier, gave the other morning general session. Vicki sure is on top of the world of health care. Very impressive knowledge of the topic.

It was a treat for me to get to see many IU alums at the RTI Conference. Several did educational sessions, including Don Rogers, Ph.D., CTRS (from Indiana State University) and Bob Krider, M.S., CTRS (from Cincinnati).

It made me feel good to interact with so many rec therapy practitioners, students (from both IU and ISU), and faculty (again from both IU and ISU). We have a fine group of RTs here in Indiana. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to interact with them today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home