Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Slippery Noodle & Other Info about Indy

On Facebook, people were discussing the ATRA Annual Conference being in Indianapolis next month. Someone asked what Indy had going for it. I thought I’d post on the RT Blog what I said on Facebook. Here it is:

Indy is the 12th largest city in the USA. Fantastic downtown in Indy with White River State Park that includes the Indianapolis Zoo, NCAA Hall of Fame, Indiana State Museum, and Eiteljorg Museum of American Indian and Western Art. Zoo and Eiteljorg are "world class." Also downtown is the Circle Center Mall with many stores and lots of great restaurants. Not far away are the Children's Museum (largest in the world!) and Indianapolis Motor Speedway (with its museum). Indy is the home to the 2012 Super Bowl and regularly hosts the "Final Four." In short, Indy is a wonderful city to live in or to visit.

In a separate post I also mentioned the Slippery Noodle Inn, which is in the downtown area. It is the oldest continuously operating bar in Indiana – and features great blues music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home