Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Wilson's Reaction to Lessons Learned

I am in the habit of posting on the RT Blog reactions to Lessons Learned: An Open Letter to Recreational Therapy Students and Practitioners.

Here is a reaction from an old friend, Professor Joe Wilson of Northern Iowa:

"I am using Lessons Learned in my foundations of TR class this semester. I require the students to read 6 lessons every week, and I have a quiz each week on one or more parts of what they have read. It is a positive addition to the other TR books I use. Lessons Learned has given the students in my course some very good first hand information and I think it makes it easier for them to relate to things they do and see in their volunteer experiences."

Lessons Learned is published by Sagamore Publishing Inc. and can be found on the Sagamore Publishing website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home