Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, February 05, 2011

TRO Conference June 1 – 3, 2011

I've beem invited to speak at the 2011 Therapeutic Recreation Ontario Conference. Yesterday I spoke by phone with organizers of the Therapeutic Recreation Ontario Conference to be held in Toronto June 1- 3, 2011, at the Marriott Eaton Centre. I found them to be very nice people who impressed me as being really well organized for the conference.

I'll be delivering the Opening Keynote Address for the TRO Conference and doing two sessions on my Health Protection/Health Promotion Model.

I’ve so enjoyed speaking at the Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association Conference two years ago in Newfoundland and the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association Symposium last fall in Calgary that I am really looking forward to going to Toronto for the TRO Conference.

What is happening in RT with our colleagues to the North is impressive. I hope that Canadian and American RTs will do more to join together because we can learn much from them and, from my experiences, Canadian RTs are a wonderful group with whom to cooperate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home