Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Responses to Lessons Learned

I’ve really been pleased by the positive remarks RTs have made about Lessons Learned: An Open Letter to Recreational Therapy Students and Practitioners (Sagamore Publishing, 2011). It means a great deal to me to get the kind of responses I’ve received on my book.

Here are a few I’ve received:

From Charlie Dixon: “This is an excellent read – every recreation therapist, either starting out or a veteran, should read this wonderful book.”

From Kari Kensinger: “Great book, Dave.”

From Sally Brindle: “It is great! Especially for a new person in the field or one thinking of going in. It is telling me that I chose the field of RT for the right reasons.”

From Youngkhill Lee: “Just to let you know that I adopted your new book as one of the required books for one of my courses.”

I sure hope that many faculty will adopt Lessons Learned for their courses as I truly believe it has much to say to students. From the responses I've received from practitioners, the book also resonates with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home