Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bureau of Labor Statistics Sees RT Job Growth

We sometimes wonder about employment prospects in RT. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook for 2010-2011: “Employment of recreational therapists is expected to increase 15 percent from 2008 to 2018, faster than the average for all occupations. Job growth will stem from the therapy needs of the aging population.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home