Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, October 04, 2010

Spokane: Great or a Bust?

Initial reports out of Spokane were very positive about the ATRA Annual Conference. Recently I head from a participant that only about 300 members attended in Spokane, that many presentations were not well done, and that the logistics were not good.

I am now wondering which assessment is the most on target. Any comment?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

Well, the gamble paid off with regard to the weather. Having a conference where you walk for about 10 min from the hotel to the classrooms was risky in my opinion, but because of the spectacular weather throughout, it made it wonderful.

The attendance estimates seem a bit low and I would have guessed at at least a hundred more than that. The city itself was very accommodating and beautiful, with plenty to see and do within walking distance from the hotel.

As for the quality of speakers, I found nothing but the best at the sessions I attended. Additionally, with other presentations by well-known speakers I am betting the quality was on par.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home