Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Woke Up Thinking About Danny and My New Book

If you read his comment a couple of days ago, you know that yesterday Danny Petry was to pick up his copy of Lessons Learned: An Open Letter to Recreational Therapy Students and Practitioners.

I woke up this morning wondering: "I wonder if Danny got his copy of my book yesterday." and, if he did, "I wonder if he will read it right away and, if so, if he will like it?"

I guess, for me as an author, having a just released book is something like bringing a new baby home. You want everyone to see it and tell you how much they like it! I've got to get over these feelings. I'm an old man and I still worry about my work being accepted and liked. I wish to could rise a bit higher on Maslow's hierarchy :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

Hi there Dr. Austin:
Yes - picked up the book and read about ¾ of it the same night.
Thanks for creating this book. It is much needed.
Will share this book with all recreational therapists at my workplace.
Will post links to get it on facebook, myspace, twitter, blogspot and other places, too.

Your friend,
Danny.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home