Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Potential Power of Listserv

For some reason, I'm on the Tourism and Hospitality Listserv. I'm one of 4,300 members.

Members were asked in a survey: "How strong are the following vehicles as a communication tool for hospitality and tourism educators?"

It was interesting to me that ranked at the top was the listserv. Here was the ranking:

1. listserv
2. websites
3. associations
4. conferences
5. newsletters
6. journals
7. magazines
8. social media

These results particularly caught my eye because ATRA recently began a listserv. The ATRA listserv seems to be regularly used by the 155 ATRA members who have signed up for it. I've enjoyed reading the messages that have appeared. But I am still preplexed that only 155 members have signed on to the ATRA listserv.

If you are an ATRA member, I would urge you to go to the ATRA website and sign up to be a member of the ATRAnet Listserv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home