Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Buettner Receives High Award

I just read in the ATRA Newsletter that Dr. Linda Buettner, RT professor at the University of North Carolina Greenboro,has received the 2010 Barry Reisberg Award for Non-Pharmacologic Research,Theory, and Clinical Practice.

This award honors an accomplished clinician and researcher each year for their distinguished contributions to the field of non-pharmacologic Alzheimer’s disease treatment and care. It is named for Dr.Barry Reisberg, Clinical Director of NewYork University's Aging and Dementia Research Center, who is a psychiatrist, geriatric
psychiatrist, and psychopharmacologist and whose research and practice bridges all forms of treatment.

Congratulations Lin!

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

Very pleased to hear about this.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home