Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Impressed by UNCW

I recently had the pleasure of visiting the campus of the University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW). I want to tell you I was really impressed. It is a beautiful campus with many new buildings. Currently a new nursing building is under construction. It is bound to be among the best in the United States.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to visit my old friend Terry Kinney, an RT professor who heads the Department of Health and Applied Human Services (HAHS) at UNCW. Terry is one of the top people in our profession and has attacted a strong recreation therapy faculty that includes Candy Ashton and Dan Johnson.

I must say that UNCW appears to be a great place for students to study recreation therapy. The campus is wonderful and the RT faculty is a fine one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home