Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Gonzaga da Gama Passes Away

I just read in the ATRA Newsletter of the death of Dr. Gonzaga da Gama (1962 - 2009). Gonzaga was an Associate Professor at San Jose State University. The tribute to Gonzaga indicated he died of a heart attack on June 29, 2009, while traveling abroad.

It was my pleasure to get to know Gonzaga. I found him to be a fine person who was very caring and committed to his students and profession. He will be greatly missed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

I am saddened to hear about Gonzaga's passing. Although I did not know him well, I have met and talked with him a couple of times. I found him to have a genuine passion for RT. I hope all will find comfort in remembering what a great person Gonazga was to our profession and to any who knew him.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home