Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

RT Educators and RTV Videos -- Hello Out There!

With the 23 RTV videos now available via streaming, I thought a number of educators would be pleased, even excited, to have them available. Yet, other than perhaps six of so, educators have not communicated to me anything about the videos being available.

IU went to a great deal of effort to stream the RTV videos. I really appreciate that the IU Library provided this wonderful service. I sure hope educators will be using them.

I particularly believe the "To Serve a Purpose" video should be very helpful in introducing students to our profession. The two videos covering conceptual models ("Leisure Ability Model" and "Health Protection/Health Promotion Model") I would think would be excellent presentations for students to gain an understanding of conceptual models. And the history videos, I believe, are excellent -- especially the three-part history video. The other RTV videos that I would anticipate will get a lot of use are those on therapeutic communication, inclusing the one on nonverbal communication.

1 Comments:

Blogger daelin said...

I just found the videos and they are great! Even though I've been in the field a long time, they remind you of basic concepts that you may not have used in your daily practice. Thank you for posting them.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home