Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Strong ATRA Slate

I just received my ATRA 2009-10 official ballot. I was pleasantly surprised at the strength of the slate.

The candidates for president-elect, Mary Ann Aquadro and Suzie Lane, have both been long-term, hard working ATRA members. I'm not well aqauinted with Lisa Morgan, who is running for treasurer, but she seems well qualified. Lisa and I are Facebook friends.

The candidates for member-at-large are impressive. I was particularly pleased to see Ramon Zabriskie was running for member-at-large. Ramon was a student of mine at Indiana and is really a bright person and a guy with lots of people skills. He also has a strong practitioer background. Mike Sutherland, from Ohio, is also running for member-at-large. He has been very active professionally and is an RT Blog reader who regularly comments on RT Blog posts.

It is great to have such a fine slate for the ATRA election. Thanks to each of the candidates for being welling to step forward and run for office! Don't you forget to vote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home