Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Portraits of Pioneers in TR" Video Has 2 Parts

"Portraits of Pioneers in Therapeutic Recreation" is an RTV video with two parts. Part 1 features some of the early pioneers in RT. Part 2 features more modern pioneers.

The accessing of Part 2 can be a bit tricky. This is because you have to select Part 2 after you click on the address of the the "Portraits" video. Once you click on the address, look down the right side of the page and you'll see "Part 1" and "Part 2." If you do not click on Part 2, Part 1 will play. So click on Part 2 if you wish to view it.

The pioneers featured in Part 1 were selected in 1991 by Palaestra magazine. These include: Fred Humphrey, Ira Hutchinson, Jerry O'Morrow, Janet Pomeroy, and Jean Teague.

The pioneers featured in Part 2 were selected by Palaestra in 2001. Part 2 features: David Austin, Marcia Carter, Dave Compton, Carol Peterson, and Gary Robb.

I plan to continue to provide information about the individual RTV videos via posts on the RT Blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home