Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Early Reports on Curriculum Conference

I've heard from three individuals who attended the curriculum conference last week at Oklahoma State University. I got the impression that the conference organizers went out of their way to make sure the participants were taken good care of. The presentations were well prepared and well presented. The participants were earnest and hard working. It seems apparent that those at the conference agreed that current RT curricula must be improved.

Yet, I didn't get the impression from those attending that a great deal will come out of the conference because from my understandings many attending were not able to cast off old ideas that have held back the profession for years. I hope I am wrong but I really doubt that we will be able to point back to the Oklahoma State conference as one which produced true curriculum reform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home