Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

RTI Sweet 16! ATRA to be 25!

It is hard to believe that the Recreation Therapists of Indiana will be 16 years old this year -- old enough to drive! I just ran across a copy of the history of RTI that I had prepared which indicated RTI was formed in 1993 and became an ATRA Chapter that same year.

Come to think of it, won't ATRA be 25 years old this year? ATRA was formed in 1984 --so if my math is correct, ATRA will celebrate its 25th anniversary this year. It hardly seems possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home