Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Instructor's Guide for TR Processes and Techniques Book

I recently sent off a draft of the Instructor's Guide for the 6th edition of my book, Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques (David R. Austin, 2009)to my co-authors of the Guide Bryan McCormick and Youngkhill Lee for their reveiw and reaction. This is the final step in completing the Instructor's Guide -- so hopefully I can send it to Sagamore Publishing for them to release it in the next few weeks.

I am really pleased with the Instructor's Guide. It certainly will be the best to ever accompany my book.

I'm particularly pleased with the suggested learning activities that are provided for instructors who use my book. If all goes as planned, the learning activities will provide an entirely new means to access instructional materials. I'll put more information out on the RT Blog when this becomes a reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home