Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Travel to Halifax, Nova Scotia

I promised a brief report on our travels following the CTRA Conference in Newfoundland. We flew from Saint John's to Halifax, Nova Scotia. And our time there was just wonderful.

Our friends in Halifax insisted we borrow their car for a driving tour one day. We were glad they did. Now we can recommend a day trip to you out of Halifax.

The driving trip out of Halifax is to Peggy's Cove, Mahone Bay, and Lunenburg. Peggy's Cove is a "must see" for all tourists. In Mahone Bay, you need to eat lunch at the Biscuit Eater Restaurant and Book Store. The biscuits are out of this world! And Lunenburg is a charming small town with many beautiful old homes. In both Mahone Bay and Lunenburg there were lots of great places to eat and shop -- but mostly you'll just enjoy seeing the country side (with water everywhere) and the quaint small towns.

The city of Halifax also has much to offer. We went to several art galleries downtown. There, of course, is much water and one day we were able to go out on our friends' yacht and even had dinner at the yacht club (we felt like "big shots"). We also went hiking one day(in the rain!)around several coves. What a beautiful place!

I had always wanted to visit Nova Scotia and I was not disappointed in anything. We hope to be able to make a return visit someday -- hopefully, to both Newfoundland and Nova Scotia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home