Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

New American Journal of Play Coming Out

I just received a notice that the new journal, American Journal of Play, will be coming out this summer.

The new interdisciplinary quarterly journal claims to be the first scholarly, peer-reviewed journal dedicated solely to the study of play. It is from the Strong National Museum of Play (One Mahattan Square, Rochester, NY 14607) and is to be published by the University of Illinois Press.

The only persons on the Editorial Advisory Board that has I know are Garry Chick (Penn State), Brian Sutton-Smith (Penn), and Jerome Singer (Yale). I guess I'd contact Garry Chick for first-hand information on this new journal.

Annual subscriptions are listed as: $49 individual (paper or online), $74 individual (paper and online), and $124 institutional (paper only). To subscribe call (585) 263-2700 or go to www.americanjournalofplay.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home