Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

2007 ATRA Awards

In the November-December ATRA Newsletter the 2007 ATRA Awards winners are listed. Three of the most prestigous awards are for the Outstanding Professional, Scholarly Achievement, and Distinguished Fellow. This year's recipients seem particularly worthy.

Outstanding Professional Award went to Charlie Dixon. Most know Charlie as an excellent RT and as the leading innovator in the use of the web for RT.

Cathy Coyle received the award for Scholarly Achievement. Cathy, a professor at Temple, has long been known as an outstanding RT scholar.

Sharon Nichols was named a Distinguished Fellow. This is ATRA's highest award, which Sharon certainly deserves for her leadership at the state and national levels.

Each year I am pleased by the outstanding group of ATRA award winners. Just reading over the list serves to verify what exceptional individuals we have within RT. I would encourage RT colleagues to begin to think about making nominations for the 2008ATRA awards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home