Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Students Using RT Blog

I just received an email message from Professor Frank Brasile. For those who do not know Frank Brasile, he is an ATRA Past-President and long-term leader in RT. In his message, he mentioned that students in his Trends & Issues course at the University of Nebraska Omaha regularly read the RT Blog.

I'm really pleased to know that students from Nebraska are reading the RT Blog. I wonder how many other students check in on the RT Blog from time-to-time? If you are a student and you do regularly check out the RT Blog, your comment would be welcomed!

5 Comments:

Blogger Maryann said...

I am no longer a student but I visit the RT Blog about once a week or so. I appreciate and use the bits and pieces of info I read on this blog. It's a great resource! Thanks Dr. Austin!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

Dear Professor,

I'm a student from the Douglas Colleges (Canada). This is the first time I write to you. Your blog is strongly recommended by our instructor and student of TR should be visit. The purpose of writing this mail to you is that my dyad is going to write a research paper on "Recreation: Right or Reward?" Although we had identified some papers concerning about this topic, we're not sure about the ideas that should included. We agreed that recreation is surely a "right" depend on the socio-economic development of the community that one's lives. "Reward" is somewhat related to the intrinsic motivation for "behavior modification". Grateful if you could enlightened us on your thoughts towards this. Looking forward for your favourable reply soon.

Regards,
Celia

1:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Dr.Austin,

I am also a student from Douglas College. I first herd about your blog through an instructor in the RT program. Your blog postings are very insightful. My partner and I are currently doing a project on certification in Canada. Your opinion on this topic would be grealty appreaciated. More specifically we were wondering what your opinion is on the value of certification, and if you see certification moving to Canada anytime in the future. Thank you and I look forward to reading more of your blog postings.
Kristen

2:02 PM  
Blogger DeannaGuar said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:17 PM  
Blogger DeannaGuar said...

Dear Dr. Austin,
I am senior at Slippery Rock University and visiting your blog was recommended to me by my professor, Dr. Debbi Hutchins. We are currently discussing many issues within the field, particularly the issue of TR vs. RT and the proposed name change of ATRA to ARTA. I have read all of the comments about different opinions on the topic, and I would love to hear more information on the topic. If you have any new information regarding the debate, please share it with us, as we are eager to hear new information! The information gathered from the blog will surely prove to be beneficial to me for use in my Issues in TR class, as well as in my future in RT.

Thanks!

Deanna Guarnaccio
Slippery Rock University

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home