Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Helpful RT Resources on the Web

Over the years, I made a number of visits to campuses across the USA. I made 18 visits alone for the Council on Accreditation. One thing that almost always came up during my visits was a need to build the RT library collection. Unfortunately, at the time, I really didn't have a source to refer those seeking RT resources. Happily, for those who may wish to have a source to know of RT resources, such as available books, there is now a place to go.

A Guide to Therapeutic Recreation Resources has been developed by the Indiana University Library. It is a web page that lists RT books, journals, data bases, etc., etc. The RT resource site was developed by the staff of the Health, Physical Education and Recreation Library at IU.

The Guide can be reached off the IU TR web pages -- where other RT resources may be found such as a list of RT videos. To reach the Guide, click on "Related Websites" on the main page of the IU TR web site. Then under the Related Websites, see "Library Resources." The address for the IU TR web pages is: http://www.indiana.edu/~iutr/

Professors working on fall courses or practitioners wanting RT resources will likely find A Guide to Therapeutic Recreation Resources and the IU TR web pages to be good resources.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home