Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Madison RT Workshop a Success

I just returned from Madison, Indiana, where the Madison RT Workshop was held the past two days. The Workshop is hosted each year by the RT staff at Madison State Hospital. As in the past, the MSH staff were wonderful hosts.

The Workshop was very well attended. RTs from all over Indiana participated -- from as far north as Elkhart (near the Michigan border) and as far south as Evansville (across the Ohio River from Kentucky). Outside of Madison, the largest contingencies came from Greenwood and Jeffersonville. One of the members of the Jeffersonville group was an intern from BYU.

The sessions were well received by those attending and it was great to get to see a number of friends. The Madison RT Workshop also provided all of us an opportunity to again visit the charming city of Madison. Of course, many went to Shipley's Tavern to enjoy a famous "Shipley Burger." Over the years, visits to Shipley's and the Broadway Inn and Tavern (the oldest tavern in Indiana) have become a ritual for Workshop goers. I hope you will one day have the opportunity to attend the Madison RT Workshop as it never fails to please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home