THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE
IN THERAPEUTIC RECREATION
Assistant Professor (Therapeutic Recreation). This is a nine-month tenure-track position in the Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport Studies beginning August 1, 2016. The University’s commitment to excellence is outlined in the Vol Vision/Top 25 Initiative: http://www.utk.edu/volvision-top25/index.php.
Therapeutic Recreation is housed in the Recreation and Sport Management program
of the Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, & Sport Studies in the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences. Both master’s and undergraduate programs are offered in Recreation and Sport Management with a concentration in Therapeutic Recreation. Our undergraduate degree program is accredited by NRPA-COAPRT. Doctoral degrees are offered in Kinesiology and Sport Studies. For more details regarding the range of academic programs and other aspects of the department, please visit http://krss.utk.edu/.
We prepare scholars, practitioners, and leaders in exercise, sport, and recreation; conduct cutting-edge research; and maintain a commitment to inclusive excellence, social justice, and local-to-global initiatives.
• Earned doctorate with at least one degree in therapeutic recreation, disabilities studies, adaptive sport
or related disciplines at time of appointment
• Ability to teach courses in Therapeutic Recreation
• Ability to contribute to one of the department’s doctoral specializations
• Record of scholarship in Therapeutic Recreation
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional level certification (CTRS) by the National Council on Therapeutic Recreation Certification is required at time of appointment
• Commitment to the values and priorities described in the collegiate Strategic Plan: