From Kirstin Webster
Please see below for job posting. Also note that we will be seeking to hire a Military Recreation Therapist, and will likely be posting for that position within the next 3-5 weeks.
Higher Ground Sun Valley
Higher Ground Sun Valley (HGSV) is a nonprofit located in the mountains of Sun Valley, Idaho. HGSV hosts weeklong therapeutic recreation programs for veterans, service members, and their supporters confronted with symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Posttraumatic Stress (PTS), Military Sexual Trauma (MST), and polytrauma. These programs help to provide military personnel with the physical skills, confidence, and coping strategies necessary for successful reintegration into their families and home communities.
Military Participant Coordinator
Higher Ground Sun Valley (HGSV) is seeking a motivated individual to fill the role of Military Participant Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Military Programs, the Military Participant Coordinator is the main point of contact for all potential Veteran participants and their supporters. Duties include managing all program applications, assessment, and selection process for HG weeklong military programs. Responsibilities include follow-up on Veteran applications, completing assessments on potential participants to evaluate their needs and abilities, and appropriate placement in all military programs.
This is a full time salaried position with benefits.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
• Experience working with Veterans and/or knowledge of military combat-related injuries preferred; to include Veterans and active duty Service Members with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS), Military Sexual Trauma (MST) and polytrauma
• Experience working in health care – admissions, assessments etc.
• Contributes to a team work environment
• Positive personality
• Experience and knowledge of time management and prioritization tools and techniques
• Proficient in full suite of Microsoft tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Degree in Recreation Therapy preferred but not required
To apply for the Military Participant Coordinator position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Monty Heath at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit applications no later than 01 November 2015.