MANAGER OF ACTIVE LIVING
The Masonic Homes of California
are committed to a culture of Leadership. Our culture is to provide superior service to members, residents and staff through a sound and progressive model of service and care which aligns our mission, vision and operations. We demonstrate excellence in core services and place value on high quality job performance, professional development, effective time management, budget management, workplace safety and resident/employee satisfaction. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement -- we are a learning company. We are committed to sharing our knowledge and being an organization that attracts the best and brightest talent. We are team-oriented, caring and honest.
A professional with 5+ years of management experience who will serve as a leader in moving the Masonic Home to be person-centered in all our practices. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, collaborates with staff and residents to design and implement group leisure and recreation programming that directly meet the desires and needs of the residents. Is responsive to suggestions for new programs/projects by residents and staff. Will manage Active Living staff, who is involved in program planning and development for residents in the RCFE and Skilled Nursing. Involves residents and staff members from other departments in the development and implementation of these programs. Assures that the spiritual, physical, emotional, educational, cognitive, and social needs of the residents are identified and provides appropriate programs to ensure that residents' preferences are met.
• Assures that residents are included in the development and planning of all recreation programming and events. Seeks out support from family members as needed. Collaborates with staff from other departments as well in development of programming.
• Oversees recreation programming for all levels of living. (RCFE and Skilled Nursing).
• Oversees Active Living Dept. budget for fiscal year.
• Works collaboratively with Associate Director and Active Living staff to oversee individual and group fitness classes held in the Grider Gym and Grider Pool.
• Provides oversight of individual and group classed in Grider Gym/Pool to ensure safety, appropriate instructions are given and appropriate modifications are made for individual workouts.
• Oversees Techno-gym equipment in Grider Gym for usage and maintenance.
• Uses Techno-gym software data base to create goals and objectives for usage of Grider Gym.
• Delegate's authority, responsibility and accountability to other Active Living staff as deemed necessary to perform their assigned duties.
• Evaluates all recreation programs to ensure the safety of residents at all times.
• Keeps abreast of current federal and state regulations as well as professional standards, and makes recommendations on changes in policies and departmental procedures. (Title 22/OBRA). This includes MDS 3.0 Federal requirements. And makes needed adjustments in recreation programming to meet these regulations.
• Participates in reviewing departmental policies and procedures annually.
• Ensures that the Active Living staff are assessing new residents in skilled nursing (within seven days of their admission to the home), in order to develop goals with measurable objectives consistent with the information obtained through the initial assessment, interviews with the residents and their family and friends, and information gained through chart reviews.
• Collaborates with residents and Active Living staff to develop and implement recreation programming designed for residents with sight and hearing impairments, including individual projects and individualized programs.
• Provides adaptable devices/equipment as required.
• Collaborates with Assistant director in collecting data for QAPI outcomes.
• Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers, medical staff, residents, families and outside vendors.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum competency requirements include:
•Promote quality improvement and team building among staff.
•Demonstrate excellent leadership, listening and collaboration skills.
• Seven years recent experience in a recreation program within a health care setting preferably working with seniors, Five years of which was supervising therapy or recreation staff and managing a department budget.
• Compliance with state and federal laws governing the position.
• Expert understanding of Title 22 and the MDS 3.0.
• Experience in planning and providing fitness programming for seniors.
• Working knowledge of wellness and successful aging.
• Microsoft Office Suite.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge and abilities listed, typically:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Recreation Therapy, CTRS or RTC certified.
• Basic Life Support for the Professional Rescuer Certificate (CPR) or American Heart Association Level C and Standard First Aid Certificate.
• Professional certification through ACSM preferred.
Carolee Rodrigo, CTRS, RTC
Assistant Director of Programs
Masonic Homes of CA
34400 Mission Blvd
Union City, CA 94587