Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, June 03, 2013

Lack of Ph.D.'s a Real Problem for RT

I can't stop worrying about the lack of universities with Ph.D. programs in RT. As far as I can tell, there are only four universities today that produce Ph.D.'s. Our profession faces a crisis in that faculty are retiring and there are so few scholars with Ph.D. degrees to replace them. Every profession needs Ph.D. trained scholars to provide research and scholarship for the profession -- so the lack of Ph.D.'s should be a concern for all in our profession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home