Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Exercise is Medicine Month!

I just read that May is "Exercise is Medicine Month." Seeing this reminded me of the large amount of research that I found on the benefits exercise and physical activity when reviewing the literature for the facilitation techniques chapter for the 7th edition of my book Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques: Evidence-Based Recreational Therapy (to be published this fall by Sagamore Publishing). There is especially a great deal of research related to the positive outcomes to be gained by persons with chronic conditions from exercise and physical activity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Traveling Bear said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Traveling Bear said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home