Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013


Faculty Position Announcement
Clinical Assistant Professor: Non-tenure track position
Department of Recreation Management and Policy
University of New Hampshire

The University of New Hampshire invites applications and nominations for a Clinical Assistant Professor position (non-tenure track) in the Department of Recreation Management and Policy beginning Academic Year 2013-14. The position adheres to the academic year calendar with opportunity for renewal.

The Department of Recreation Management and Policy is one of eight departments in the College of Health and Human Services. The Department has been NRPA/AALR accredited since 1985 and offers its undergraduate (B.S.) majors a choice of two Options: Program Administration and Therapeutic Recreation. Graduate (M.S.) Options include Recreation Administration and Therapeutic Recreation Administration. The University of New Hampshire is the state’s public research university, providing comprehensive, high quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. The University of New Hampshire is dedicated to creating a more diverse community, knowing that inclusion, diversity, and equity are vales inextricably linked to our mission of educational excellence. The University of New Hampshire is located near the New Hampshire seacoast and is within sixty miles of Boston, Portland and the lakes and mountains of New Hampshire.

A master's degree with at least one degree in therapeutic recreation and current certification by NCTRC and a New Hampshire license is required (CTRS/L). Additional requirements include: a minimum of three years of professional experience in the field, and prior experience teaching recreation therapy and recreation and leisure studies courses at the college level. The applicant must have effective interpersonal skills, and be able to manage and organize a professional internship program.

Primary Responsibilities:
Implement internship education program
Teach and supervise clinical labs within the therapeutic recreation option
Enhance service-learning practica for students
Assume teaching responsibilities and curriculum development responsibilities as necessary within the Department of Recreation Management and Policy
Provide leadership within the professional community
Development in-service opportunities for practitioners
Advise undergraduate students

Application Procedures and Deadline
To apply, please submit a letter of application, vitae and three letters of reference to: Dr. Patti Craig, Search Committee Chair, Department of Recreation Management and Policy, 101 Hewitt Hall, University of New Hampshire, Durham, N.H. 03824-3563. Telephone: (603) 862-0140; e-mail: Review of applications will begin March 1, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.

Allison Wilder, PhD, CTRS/L
Assistant Professor
Department of Recreation Management and Policy
109 Hewitt Hall
4 Library Way
Durham, New Hampshire 03824
Work: 603-862-2710
Fax: 603 862-2722


Post a Comment

<< Home