Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Oklahoma State has RT Grad Assistantships

School of Applied Health and Educational Psychology
180 Colvin Center Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078

Graduate Teaching Assistantship
Recreational Therapy Content Area
Oklahoma State University

Concentration Recreational Therapy

The Leisure Studies program at Oklahoma State University invites potential doctoral students with a specialty in Recreational Therapy with an active CTRS credential, to apply for admission for the fall 2012 semester. The program offers a Ph.D. in Health, Leisure and Human Performance with an option in Leisure Studies (concentration Recreational Therapy). The Undergraduate Program is pursuing accreditation by the Committee on Accreditation of Recreational Therapy Education (CARTE).

Graduate Teaching Assistantships are available for candidates interested in pursuing a Ph.D. who have a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in the profession of Recreational Therapy. Selected individuals will be assigned theory courses to hone and develop their instructional abilities in the area of Recreational Therapy and other theory based course instruction. The positions require the willingness to work with students, professionals, and faculty in classroom, research, and clinical areas.

Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) selected will receive training and guidance in classroom instruction, classroom management, as well as other aspects of higher education. Graduate Teaching Assistants will be fully engaged in the classroom and will be assigned one to two theory based courses per semester.

Graduate Teaching Assistants receive a waiver of out-of state tuition, plus full in-state tuition waivers for six (6) credits each fall and spring semester, three (3) credits during the summer semester, a monthly stipend, and a health insurance policy. One selected Graduate Teaching Assistant will receive an additional $5,000 dollar stipend for the initial academic year as “Supplemental Graduate Assistant Support”. At present Doctoral Graduate Teaching Assistants’ (GTA) may be employed during the summer months in addition to the regular academic year.

To apply, go to and apply online. Interested individuals are encouraged to contact Dr. Tim Passmore, Ed.D., CTRS/L at for additional information.

We would be delighted to visit with any interested students; graduate assistantships are generally awarded the end of March, those receiving a Supplemental Graduate Assistantship will be notified by April 15, 2012 if they have been selected for this initial additional support.

Tim Passmore, Ed.D., CTRS/L Tel: 405-744-1811
School of Applied Health & Educational Psychology Fax: 405-744-6507
186 Colvin
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078


Post a Comment

<< Home