Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Danny Pettry's Rec Therapy Blog

From Danny Pettry, M.S., CTRS, via the ATRAnet Listserv comes this reminder on the Rec Therapy Blog:

Dear Rec. Therapist,

I’m writing to inform you about my Rec. Therapy blog (in case you don’t already know about it).

I’ve been inspired by two people who’ve used the internet to promote our profession.

• my professor in graduate school Dr. David Austin (RT blog) and;
• my good friend, colleague, and mentor Charlie Dixon who operates the TR Directory online.

You can view my Rec Therpy Blog at this link: http://www.dannypettry.blogspot.com/

Here are some of the recent posts. Click on the links you're interested in reading:
• Meaning of doodles from an Art Therapist
• Activity Coordinator for a Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Center in Palm Harbor, FL.
• Creatures -- the card game... is Fun! (use of this game to help with therapy goals)
• Meditation and Mindfulness
• skills for job seekers (good tips for RTs)
• Tri-State Rec. Therapy Conference. (Kentucky, Ohio, & West Virginia)
• Borderline Personality Disorder
• NEW TR Book! Get yours today!
• MRO Billing in RT
• The Johnston Family. (highest level of fx.)
• Steve Jobs -- 7 Rules of Success!
• Rock Creation Therapy!
• Bree McMahon (inspiration)
• Rec. Therapist needed for a school setting.
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home