Benedict College Faculty Opening
* Full time tenure track position to teach core courses in the area of Recreation and Leisure Services;
* Provide academic advising to undergraduate students in Recreation and Leisure Services;
* Maintain a program of research and scholarship; and
* Engage in service activities.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Doctoral Degree (Masters Degree considered) with at least one graduate degree in Recreation, Parks and Leisure Services;
* Demonstrated excellence in teaching;
* Evidence of ability to develop an active research program, which may include a record of publications, professional presentations and grant writing;
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students, recreation managers, and the general public;
* Demonstrated knowledge of NRPA accreditation requirements; and
* Active participation in professional organizations.
A complete application will include the following: Cover letter, curriculum vitae, three letters of reference, 0fficial transcripts of earned degrees, and a completed Benedict College application which can be downloaded from Benedict College website.
Dr. Allen Coles, Dean
School of Education
Bacoats Hall 204
1600 Harden Street
Benedict College, Columbia, SC 29204