Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Remembering Judi Voelkl

I just opened an email message from a friend who attached a picture of Judi Voelkl, Ph.D. CTRS, taken at Christmas time in 2007. At this time of year especially, it was good to be reminded of Judi who was always so giving to others.

When Judi was taken from us by cancer, it was an awful time for those of us who knew and cared for her. All of us who knew Judi loved her as a person and had tremendous admiration for her as an RT. I miss her so very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home