Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Van Puymbroeck Receives National Award for Scholarship

Professor Marieke Van Puymbroeck, of Indiana University’s School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation, was honored by the American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA) at its Annual Conference recently held in Minneapolis. Van Puymbroeck received ATRA’s Scholarly Achievement Award for her contributions to the literature in therapeutic recreation.

Van Puymbroeck has been a highly productive scholar having over 40 refereed publications to her credit. Prominent among her research studies have been those involving older adults and the therapeutic benefits of yoga and Pilates programs.

We are very fortunate to have Marieke as a major scholar in RT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home