Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Why Not RT Webinars?

I got an announcement of a webinar being provided by BlazeSports and the U.S. Paralympics. It will be April 29, 2009 at 2:00 EST and is entitled: “Working with Adapted PE Teachers: Partnership, Recruitment and Mandates.” Jeff Jones, Director of Education and Training for BlazeSports America, was listed as a contact for further information at jjones@blazesports.org

Reading this I wondered if special recreation can conduct webinars, why can't recreational therapy provide them? I don't know that any RT webinars have been held. I would hope that a university might experiment by offering a webinar for RTs or RT educators.

In fact, a webinar would seem to be a very good mechanism for information sharing among RT educators. Perhaps following the June Curriculum Conference a webinar could be held to give a conference update and allow further discussion.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

My good friend, Kimberly Grandal, BA, CTRS, provides webinars for the rec therapist.

Go here for more info:

http://www.recreativeresources.com/webinars.htm

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home