Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Don't Overlook This Great Resource

On Wednesday, August 13, 2008, there was a post titled "Great Website for Program Ideas." It is a wonderful resource for activities to use with therapy groups.

I am surprised that there haven't been more comments about the website. It is so rich that I thought many would look at it and comment how useful it is.

In case you haven't checked it out, please give it a look. The title of the website is "Group Therapy Ideas & Themes." Any RT will find many activities to use with RT groups. And RT educators should refer their students to this website.

Activities are found under five categories: (a) Icebreakers, warmups, engrgizers, and deinhibitizers; (b) Trust and relationship-building activities; (c) Psychological exercises for insight and self-awareness groups; (d) Recreation therapy activity index; and (e) Adventure therapy and wilderness/nature therapy.

To check out this website go to:
http://www.wilderdom.com/games/GroupTherapyIdeasTheames.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home