Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Life Expectancy Tops 78

I read in this morning's Indianapolis Star that the life expectancy in the United States has now surpassed 78 years. Of course, living longer means people will have to deal with chronic illnesses. Hopefully, RTs will supply programs to help older persons to have a good quality of life.

1 Comments:

Blogger adam hartung said...

This has significant implications for businesses - yet most completely ignore it. If we don't start planning for longer lives we'll be overtaken by events. Read more at http://www.ThePhoenixPrinciple.com

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home