Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Apparently No ARTA for Now

Recent communications with national leaders have lead me to the conclusion that changing the name of ATRA to ARTA is not currently a priority item. It still seems to me that the majority of practitioners favor the change -- since they consider themselves to be recreational therapists and they provide clients with treatment and rehabilitation. Perhaps they will raise their collective voices to bring about a name change. We'll see. I must confess to being a bit frustrated with the lack of movement on key issues like the ARTA name change and RT curriculum standards.

1 Comments:

Blogger vicki said...

I find it interesting that my boss who is not an RT always introduces me as a CRTS and invariably uses these intials for me.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home