Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Good Resource for RT Curriculum Reform

I recently ran across what may be a great resource for those who will be setting guidelines/standards for RT education. It is Health Professions Education: A Bridge to Quality, published in 2003 by the Institute of Medicine through the National Academic Press, Washington, DC.

The publication resulted from the Institute of Medicine's Health Professions Educaton Summit. A competency-based approach is called for with a core set of competencies involving patient-centered care, interdisciplinary teams, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and informatics.

Copies of the report are available from the National Academic Press, 500 Fifth Street, N.W., Lockbox 285, Washington, DC 20055; (800) 624-6242 or (202) 334-3313; or http://www/nap.edu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home