Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Ask Your Congressional Rep to Co-sponsor HR 1906

Indiana University professors Bryan McCormick and Jen Piatt, and me, had a phone conference today with the legislative assistant to Representative Todd Young on HR 1906 The Access to Inpatient Rehabilitation Therapy Act of 2015. Young represents our district here in Indiana. The conversation went very well and the comments by the legislative assistant were encouraging. She will be following up with communications with GT Thompson, one of the two sponsors of the bill, to gain further information. One thing I learned from the phone conversation is that the legislative assistants pay a great deal of attention to who has signed in as a co-sponsor of the bill. She mentioned that as of now not too many had signed on as co-sponsors. I mention this because RTs, RT students, and others supportive or RT need to contact their Representative to ask them to co-sponsor HR 1906. So PLEASE contact your Representative and ask them to sign on as a co-sponsor. Without support from Representatives the bill is unlikely to get out of the Ways and Means Committee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home