Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, July 06, 2012

Free Stuff and Lessons Learned Post

Yesterday, I sent out a reminder on ATRAnet that, at NO COST,  the RTV videos are still available from the Indiana University Library, as is the Glossary of Recreation Therapy and Occupational Therapy. Recreation Therapy Videos (RTV videos) are available via streaming from the Indiana University Library at https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/handle/2022/3378 The Glossary of Recreation Therapy and Occupational Therapy is available at http://hdl.handle.net/2022/6474
I also mentioned my book titled Lessons Learned: An Open Letter to Recreational Therapy Students and Practitioners is available from Sagamore Publishing in paperback (around $20) and as an ebook (around $13) – and can be ordered from the Sagamore Publishing website, where instructors may also request an examination copy.
I also mentioned Terry Long’s book review of Lessons Learned in Vol. 45, No. 2, 2011, issue of Therapeutic Recreation Journal.
But I failed to mention another book review of Lessons Learned by Professor Victoria Dawn Shelar which appeared in Vol. 10, No. 2, 2011, issue of the American Journal of Recreation Therapy.
As stated in my earlier post, I’ll be happy to do a Q & A for instructors using Lessons Learned in their courses. Just contact me at daustin@indiana.edu

1 Comments:

Blogger leehuck said...

Occupational Therapy (OT) helps people maximize their ability to participate in life. Visit our website for more info.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home