Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, June 04, 2010

AJRT Available Online

From the ATRAnet Listserv comes this announcement from Linda Buettner:

I wanted to mention you can bring AJRT into the recreational therapy classroom since the full articles are now online!

As an educator and academic subscriber to American Journal of Recreation Therapy you can offer your students both the electronic and the print version of this important journal right in your class room and guarantee them:

the highest quality research and treatment techniques based on the rigorous standards of an internationally recognized editorial review board.

a seamless flow from theory to proven application for clients of all ages and in all stages of disability.

the latest news and trends in recreation therapy.

Here’s how. Visit EJournal.recreationtherapy.org and follow the easy steps to become a subscriber. As a subscriber you will receive the printed version and have full online access including the journal’s archive of back issues. Plus the online edition is perfect for classroom education with its interactive features.

I have been bringing up the journal through my teaching podium so students can see the table of contents. In teams my students read an article, discuss the outcome variables, and discuss implications for RT practice situations. It is accessible and brings evidence into teaching about practice.

If you have library requests available right now it is the perfect time to set this up for your program for the next academic year.

Linda L. Buettner, Ph.D, LRT, CTRS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home