Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

RT Leader GT Thompson Running for Congress

I recently received the following message from GT Thompson. Most know GT as a national leader in RT. He has decided to run for Congress. Wouldn't it be great to have an RT in Congress! Here is GT's message:

Hi All,

Some of you have asked for information on my run for Congress.
Three weeks ago Congressman Peterson (Pennsylvania 5th) announced he would not be seeking re-election. After much thought I decided to throw my hat into the ring.

I have formally filed with the Federal Election Commission as a candidate
for Congress (Pennsylvania 5th). Since announcing one week ago I have
traveled over 1,800 miles and visited 13 of the 17 Counties.
My message has been well received and has distinguished my candidacy from my
opponents. The citizens like the idea of a Citizen Legislator with a health
care background. They are excited about someone who has refined the skills
of quickly assessing complex problems and situations, can work with a
diverse team and has a record of determining cost-effective solutions.

Now I need to raise campaign contributions to get that message out!

Please feel free to pass this exciting news and campaign update along to
those in the profession.

Those that would like to support my bid for Congress can make contributions
to "Friends of Glenn Thompson"

Friends of Glenn Thompson
198 Park Road
Howard, PA 16841

Thanks!

GT Thompson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home