Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

RT Jobs Available in VA

ATRA Board Member and Clemson Professor Judi Voelkl recently sent out a list of RT job openings in VA facilities. I counted more than 35 RT position openings in NH, MA, CA, GA, PA, NY, OH, SD, and NV. The VA RT positons also seemed to pay well.

The web address Dr. Voelkl listed was USAJOBS at http://usajobs.opm.gov

The USAJOBS is the official job site of the US Federal government.

I went to the USAJOBS site where I found some VA RT jobs but not all that Dr. Voelkl had listed. So I tried to find the RT jobs on the VA web site. This search produced nothing but frustration for me. My first thought was that no wonder the VA had so many openings -- nobody can locate the information to apply!

Perhaps I just didn't know how to locate jobs from the VA website. If someone can come up with an address for RT jobs on the VA websites please let us know.

While searching I did run across a website named indeed that had 61 RT jobs listed. I don't know anything about indeed but if you want to check it out the address is: http://www.indeed.com

We sometimes hear that there are relatively few RT job openings -- but this just doesn't seem to be true. Perhaps the problem is letting potential applicants know of the openings. Any suggestions to get the word out on RT openings?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home